Ivey Business School
LEED® Gold Certified
This building has 270,000 square feet comprised of classroom, meeting rooms, offices, breakout rooms, lounges, conference areas and an auditorium. The project was completed in September 2013.
- Ivey is located at close proximity from a bus stop, which is connected to three major bus routes in London.
- The building has water efficient fixtures that use up to 30% less water than a regular fixture.
- The building’s landscaping uses native and drought-resistant plants that require no irrigation, avoiding the use of potable water for lansdcaping.
- Ivey’s HVAC systems don’t use any substances containing HCFCs
- For two years, 50% of the building’s electrical use will be supplied from renewable sources.
- 20% of the building materials (by cost) were extracted or manufactured in the region.
- Adhesives, sealants, paints and coatings used in the building emit less VOCs than traditional products.
- About 75% of regularly occupied spaces benefit from daylighting, reducing the energy required for lights in the building.
- Temperature and humidity in the building are constantly monitored.
- Only environmentally-sound products are used in this building.