Targeting LEED® Silver
The building has a total of 12,900 square feet, including meeting rooms, office spaces, common use spaces, one conference room and testing spaces. The building was completed in spring 2014.
Some of the features that make this a green building are:
- It encourages carpooling by having dedicated spaces in very close proximity to the building’s main entrance.
- Over 20% of the site has open space that will remain as such for the life of the building.
- Local and adaptive plants were selected for the landscaping. In addition, water efficient landscaping practices (e.g., not irrigating the grass) are also implemented at the site.
- The building achieves a 30.54% reduction in water use by using water efficient fixtures.
- 45% in energy cost reduction has been achieved in the building, compared to just using a standard design.
- No CFC-based refrigerants are used in the building, preventing the depletion of the ozone layer.
- 66.59% of the wood used in the building is FSC-certified.
- Carbon monoxide is monitored in all densely-occupied spaces. The airflow is adjusted accordingly, to ensure proper ventilation is maintained at all times.
- Low-emitting materials (such as adhesives, sealants, paints, coating and flooring) were used throughout the building, improving the air quality of the spaces.
- Only Eco-Logo certified cleaning products are used for housekeeping.
- The building uses lamps with reduced mercury content. All lamps will be safely disposed of by a third-party at the end of their lives.